The original Platypod Pro! At just 4mm thick, the base takes up minimal space in your bag. Its compact design is ideal for low-angle photography and hard-to-access nooks and crannies. Spike-screws are available for better grip and balance on uneven surfaces.
The Pro has an aircraft-grade aluminum base with a 3/8-inch titanium bolt to screw on a standard tripod ball head. Get more than one Pro and create your own portable studio: A second 1/4-inch bolt allows attachment to other compatible equipment, such as studio lights and transmitters. Mount or affix the Pro with nails or zip ties using its four non-threaded holes.
- The world’s most compact mini tripod
- Compatible with most professional tripod ball heads
- Best use with small- to medium-sized lenses. Supports up to 90 pounds of gear
- Perfect for low-angle and table-top photography, uneven surfaces and unusual spaces
- Includes: Platypod Pro base, spike-screw set, 1/4” to 3/4” female spigot adapter, and travel case. Does not include a tripod ball head
Ball Heads: Compatible with all ball heads with a diameter smaller than 4 inches. Ball heads with knobs or quick releases that extend past the bottom of the ball head are incompatible.
- Sirui G-10KX (Max load 18 kg)
- Sirui K-40X (Max load 35 kg)
- Benro B-2 (Max load 16 kg)
- Benro B-3 (Max load 18 kg)
The Pro works with small- to medium-sized lenses. With a lens collar, it can also handle most telephoto or wide-angle lenses (such as the 970-gram Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8). For extremely heavy lenses (such as the 1,100-gram Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8), bulky light modifiers, and the use of large lenses without a lens collar, we recommend the Max.