The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 features a compact foldable design with locking mechanisms for easier transportation. The gimbal also no longer obstructs the charging and audio ports, features automatic portrait-landscape switching, and supports many smart features of the DJI Mimo app.
With a 3-axis gimbal that effectively reduces shaky footage, DJI Osmo Mobile 3 delivers a super-smooth, stabilized image. A lightweight, ultra-responsive design reacts to your movements in real time, letting you focus more on the moment at hand.
DJI Osmo mobile 3 is a portable, foldable mobile phone stabilizer. Thanks to its foldable design and locking mechanisms it is the most travel-friendly Osmo Mobile to date. The gimbal offers 15 hours of battery life, which is the same as the Osmo Mobile 2.
The new design makes vital controls manageable with one hand. Due to convenient buttons on the handle, users can control the gimbal’s movement and access useful features with ease. Quick Roll rotates the orientation from portrait to landscape by pressing the Mode (M) button twice without the need to remove the mobile device.
The redesigned form no longer obstructs the charging and audio ports, allowing for easy connection to charge the device or use external mics. A trigger helps maneuver the gimbal by locking orientation, rotating the gimbal for selfies, and even re-centering when tracking a subject.
By using ActiveTrack, users can tap the trigger once, and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin tracking while keeping the subject centered within the frame. Zooming in and out with the dedicated zoom slider on the side of the stabilizer is also possible. Additionally, users have the option to customize zoom speed based on personal preference.
DJI Mimo App Features
Osmo Mobile 3 works together with DJI Mimo app via Bluetooth 5.0 and offers a variety of preprogrammed modes and features:
- Story Mode: The app features a host of preset music, video transitions, and filters. Users can choose one of 13 templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement. After shooting, the app automatically generates a short edited video, ready to be shared instantly.
- Gesture Control: This function can snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
- Sport Mode: Similar to the useful feature from the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognize and follow selected subjects with a simple tap on the screen.
- TimeLapse & MotionLapse: With MotionLapse, users can add the dynamic element of movement to the Timelapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
- HyperLapse: Users can add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3. Additionally, HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panorama: Get a wider perspective with panorama mode. Users can choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
- Slow Motion: Available as 4X or 8X Slow Motion. This is most likely dependent on a type of smartphone used.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Combo pack comes with a wrist strap, storage pouch, anti-slip pads, Osmo Grip Tripod and the Osmo Carrying Case.